INTERNSHIP SCHEME IN NAWADCO
BACKGROUND OF NAWADCO:
lndia has the largest Waqf land in the world. As per the estimate, there are about 4.90 lakh registered Waqf properties comprising of more than 6 lakh acres of land, approximate market value of these properties is Rs. 1.20 lakh crores. Since most of these properties are situated at prime urban locations, they have the potential of generating an annual income of Rs. 12,000 crores considering only 10% return on market value, if these properties are managed and developed properly. .
To fill the gap of development deficit, National Waqf Development Corporation Limited (NAWADCO), was established by the Government of lndia, under the aegis of the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA) on 31"t December, 2013, under the Companies Act 1956, with the specific mandate to develop Waqf properties across lndia and to enhance the income of State Waqf Boards/ Waqf institutions for socio economic empowerment of the community.
INTRODUCTION OF INTERNSHIP SCHEME: AN OVERVIEW
NAWADCO announces a Scheme of "lnternship". This Scheme seeks to engage students in Graduate/ Post Graduate Degrees courses in different disciplines of recognized Universities/ lnstitutions within lndia. The "rnferns" shall gain exposure to various Departments in NAWADCO and would be expected to contribute to the Company. The "lnterns" will benefit by getting exposure to the functioning of the company which may further help in furthering their career objectives. A list of domains/areas for which lnternship is invited are as below:
- IT, Computer, Development, Maintenance and Updation of Website
- Finance, Public-Private-Partnership (PPP).
- Business Administration.
- Public Health, lnfrastruclure Development, Civil Engineering.
SCOPE OF SCHEME
The intemship will be on unpaid basis and will be for two months' time. lntemship shall be available throughout the year based on the requirements of NAWADCO with an initial engagement for two months which can be extended for a maximum period of six (6) months.
Bonafide students of any recognized University/ Institution within India fulfilling following conditions are eligible to apply in respective areas for the internship:
- The students enrolled in Graduate/ Post graduate programme and secured not less than 70% or equivalent marks in last examination and also secured not less than 85% marks in Class-XII.
- The students who have appeared in the final exam or just completed Graduation/ Post Graduation or equivalent (awaiting results) and waiting for admission for higher studies may also be considered for internship provided that,
- They have secured 70% or more cumulative marks in all the years/ semesters of their graduation/ post-graduation or equivalent till the date of application and also secured not less than 85% marks in Class-XII.
- The period between the month of declaration of result of final exam and the desired month of internship should not exceed six months e.g. if the result is declared in the month of June then he/ she can apply for the internship beginning till the month of December
- The period of Internship shall be at least two months but not exceeding six months. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate.
- A certificate regarding successful completion of Internship shall be issued by the CEO, NAWADCO in the enclosed format at Annexure 'A'.
LOGISTICS SUPPLIES & SUPPORT
Interns will be required to attend the registered office of the Company in person at 3rd Floor, Central Waqf Bhawan, Plot No. 13 & 14, Sector-6 (Opposite Saket Family Court), Pushp Vihar, Saket, New Delhi-110017. Interns will have their own laptops, tabs, computers.NAWADCO shall provide them working space, internet facility and other consumables as deemed fit by the CEO.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants may apply by sending their resumes along with “No Objection Certificate (NOC)” issued by the Head of Institution at the email Id of the company at firstname.lastname@example.org during the period 1 st to 10th of every month. Application can only be made six months in advance but not later than 1 month before the month in which intern is desired to seek internship. For example, if any applicants want to join internship programme which is commencing in the month of April 2020 then he/she can apply from the month of October 2019 to March 2019. Application will be valid for the desired month.
- Applicants must also clearly indicate their areas of interest as mentioned above.
- A candidate can apply for internship only once during a financial year.
- The applications of candidate who do not fulfill the eligibility conditions shall be rejected.
- The selected applicant has to produce original documents and NOC from the college/institution at the time of joining, failing which his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
SELECTION PROCEDURE & ASSIGNMENT OF TASKS
- All the applications received through email will be scrutinised by the Screening-cumSelection Committee of NAWADCO in consultation with the concerned Heads of Department in NAWADCO and then the candidates will be selected based on their qualification and marks obtained. The decision of the Committee regarding the suitability of a candidate as intern shall be final and binding.
- The Heads of Departments can take a maximum of 3 (three) interns for Internship at a time. This number may be relaxed beyond 3 (three) with the permission of MD/ CEO, NAWADCO.
- Depending upon the number of applications received against a particular domain/area, NAWADCO reserves the right to fix up the eligibility criteria, limit the number of applicants to be called for a particular period and to decide about the mode of screening thereof
- The Interns shall be required to submit a brief report/paper at the end of their assignment to the Heads of the concerned Department about their learning experience.
- Seminars/ Meetings/ presentation can be conducted by the concerned Heads of Department for enhancing the knowledge of their interns to help them gain knowledge and skills.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 75% attendance in NAWADCO by marking “In and Out time” on a daily basis. In case of less than 75% attendance no extension of internship period is allowed and no experience certificate will be issued. The attendance record and the details of work supervision shall be maintained by the Heads of Department.
- NAWADCO reserves the right to review the scheme at any time, shortlist the candidates out of availSble list. No candidate can claim about their eligibility of internship and the decision of the Screening-cum-Selection Committee in this regard shall be final.
- MD, NAWADCO will have the power to relax any of the conditions merrtioned in the eligibility criteria.
This issues with the approval of Managing Director, NAWADCO.